So everything in this particular database was working for
a client of mine, until just last night I get notified that
he can’t open the database because of some error.
I was able to view his screen using T.V. and after clicking on
a command button, I would get the following error:
“Error 49 – Bad DLL Calling Convention”
Now, I have been working with Access for over 15 years, so I’m no novice, but I have
never seen this error before. Normally, when I see an error, I can tell myself, “Oh
I’ve seen that before, and last time I did this…”
This error is not a real common one for me. So I started hunting for a solution.
I noticed when I clicked “debug” that the code would break on my “IsLoaded” function.
So I “googled” for “Isloaded” and “Error 49” together.
…and I came across this link “http://w3facility.org/question/runtime-error-49-bad-dll-calling-convention/”
…which deals with Excel VBA.
“OK, maybe it will help”, I thought. “Makes sense”
So I added the following code above the code in the module where my “IsLoaded” function is located:
Private Something member = 1 End Enum
So altogether it was:
Private Something member = 1 End Enum Public Function IsLoaded(this_form) '...code for function End Function
…That’s all, AND IT WORKED!
Apparently it was some compilation error in the C libraries and this straightened
Maybe you have had a similar experience. If you have another solution, feel free to